Information for Parents
Nursery School Times : Morning 8.20 - 11.20 Afternoon 12.20 - 15.20
At St Andrew’s Nursery, we value all children as unique individuals. We aim to create an environment …
- Where all children feel happy, safe and secure, so that they can play, explore, experiment, make decisions and take risks, whilst building on previous achievements and experiences.
- Where children can develop an awareness of themselves, to learn to show love and respect for others, whilst beginning to understand their place within the wider community.
- Where children are encouraged to be kind towards others and to begin to take responsibility in caring for their belongings and surroundings.
- Where children can develop a love of learning. By providing learning areas that are attractive, stimulating and well planned, all children can be taught and challenged appropriately to develop their abilities to their full potential.
- Where everyone feels welcome and valued and that by working in partnership with parents and carers we can contribute to the successful development of the whole child.
- Where children are provided with a curriculum rich in opportunities to develop their self-confidence and independence and to lay the foundations for the knowledge and skills necessary for life-long learning.
We have an annual open day on a Saturday for parents to visit with their children and other family members. This is a unique opportunity for you to talk to the teachers, Admission Office, Wraparound Care (Play Aloud) and to meet the Headteacher. Children are encouraged to play both indoors and outdoors and siblings are welcome too. This will give you a real sense of what our Nursery is all about - community and welcoming. The date for the next open morning will be announced at a later date owing to COVID-19 restrictions.
Please click here for information about Wraparound Care and Lunch Club
Click here to view and download EYFS Prospectus
Click here to view Nursery Parent Handbook